Wednesday, August 09, 2006

First progress report

Well, I've been busy knitting last week and over the weekend!

I finished the back!



Sorry about the dodgy picture, but it's the best I could do.

I'm using Babe yarn in the "Spring Green" color tipped with the spring pink. I really like it.

I'm going to start the right side now. Although the new extended sizes (I'm doing the size 40) only show the back, I'm going to assume that the sides have the same cast on as the back since it is the same in the original.

Wish me luck and I'll post when I've finished the first side.

4 Comments:

Blogger Carlene said...

That looks great! Isn't it a fast knit? (I should post my progress later...just didn't want to be the first...you're brave) I love the 2 colors together, what a great idea.

4:46 AM  
Blogger donna said...

It does look great. It also seems to be a very fast knit. I won't be starting until 8/17 and can't wait.

11:01 AM  
Blogger DaisyinNM said...

Looks great! I am doing the same size you are and have been waiting for more instructions (on pins and needles, checking the site everyday) before I did the armhole shaping. Did you just follow the pattern as written for the armhole shaping or are there some more instructions that I am not able to download? Thanks,
Margarita

11:25 AM  
Blogger Miss Dottie said...

Hey Daisyinnm,

I just plowed ahead on the directions for the shaping of the armhole, but it seemed to be fine and make sense.

And I'm shamelessly just trucking along to knit the sides. Very naughty of me, but this yarn I'm using is addictive!

11:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home