Thursday, August 10, 2006

I have gauge!


Thanks everyone for providing the Cardigan yarn requirements. I set off to my LYS yesterday and found the most lusicous blend of silk and super kid mohair, but it was not meant to be, for it was way over my budget. I obsessed about this all day today and as a result remembered that I might have something in my stash. I went straight home from work and tore my closet apart...and yes, I found the perfect yarn! It is Silkroad Aran by Jo Sharp in the most perfect blue. I got perfect gauge and officially began my project. What do you think?

3 Comments:

Blogger Carlene said...

I have only worked with the Silk Road Aran Tweed, but I loved it (I was just staring at the one ball I have left yesterday, thinking, hmmm, fingerless gloves). And that color blue is just beautiful.

4:08 AM  
Blogger sherry said...

I love that color. now fess up, curious to know what you didn't go with. :-)

4:05 AM  
Blogger Sylvia M said...

Sherry, one of my LYS's is called Art Fibers in San Francisco...they carry some of the most amazing yarns that are custom dyed for their store. The yarn I was drooling over was called Shizen...almost the same color with much more texture...I haven't put it out my mind completely, but it will have to be for a much smaller project.

11:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home