Sunday, August 20, 2006

My Summer Vacation

I spent the past week doing a sort of personal "retreat" in a cabin up in Phillips, Wisconsin. Of course the Slouchy Cardigan came with me. However, Greetings from Knit Café did not! (I didn't forget the bottle of wine, though.) I was in the middle of the left side, and had made notes re the right side on the back of the print out of the errata, so I was able to just follow that to finish the left side. But, next came the sleeves. And maybe the hood. I had a week to myself and no instructions.
Since this was a retreat, and my husband was at home, I called him and asked him to look for the "bright pastel knitting book with the cute girl on the front," making sure I'd left it there. Yep, there it was, buried on the couch in my studio. What to do? People, my husband *read to me* the instructions for the sleeves over the phone while I took them down! Oh yes he did. Then a couple days later, he read to me the instructions for the sleeve cap, and most of the hood. (*sigh* my hero). So that's where it stands in my progress this week. (I know the blocking and finishing part is gonna slow me down, though).
And for tradition's sake, here's this week's cute animal photo, of my visit to Storybook Farm in Phillips, Wisconsin. You didn't think I'd skip a llama farm, did you?

2 Comments:

Blogger donna said...

How incredible to have a week to just knit without interruption.

12:46 PM  
Blogger Andrew said...

Sometimes that alone time to regroup and recharge can be really valuable, can't it?
To Love, Honor and Dismay

12:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home