Friday, August 18, 2006

Oh Slouchy, has thou forsaken me?



Well, Slouchy and I were getting along swimmingly until I finished the first right side. Hmmm... A bit big.

Obviously, I need to do some more refiguring of the decreases because I was left with WAY too many stitches on the neck side.

OK, Slouchy--you need a time out and some frogging this weekend!

I guess it serves me right for just bounding through without the proper pattern, but I got so excited and wanted to knit ASAP. Perhaps patience is a virtue...

OK, more updates next week. How is everyone else's coming along?

5 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

Do you own the book?

5:15 PM  
Blogger Miss Dottie said...

Oh yes, I own the book, but I'm knitting the size 40 since I'm something of a chesty lass. The extended pattern sizes are offered above, but only for the back so far, so I thought I would try going for the right without the pattern extended sizes and I think there is something more than what I'm doing that might be illustrated in the pattern designers updates.

6:42 PM  
Blogger donna said...

I began mine Thursday and am just about finished with the back. I used Noro silk garden, and the color changes look really great. I too am making the 38-40 size but didn't realize the fronts extended sizes aren't ready. Will they be coming up soon? I am ready to move and can't wait to see the finished product.
Donna

12:09 PM  
Blogger DaisyinNM said...

No I am scared! I too, am knitting a larger size and have just forged ahead without benefit of the extended sizes update. I have just started the right front. All I did was cast on five extra stitches like I did on the back. Any advice?
Margarita

5:18 PM  
Blogger donna said...

Can anyone tell us when the extended size directons will be ready. I finished the back, started the front, casting on the additional and intend to keep the decreases the same except for the neck. I think I will have to decrease a few more or add for the hood. Any ideas? HELP!!!!
donna

12:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home